Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Review of Salomon Dialogue Snowboard Boots

REI

Salomon Dialogue snowboard boots speak to your feet, providing an excellent balance of comfort and support for freestyle-oriented riders.


nice comfortable and solid boot

Ed Chi palo alto, ca 4/29/2009

 

4 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Good Traction, Quality Construction, Warm, Comfortable, Easy Lacing System

Best Uses: All Mountain

Describe Yourself: Advanced

I board about 10-15 days a year, and have finally wore out my Salomon Malamute (4 years old). Had another brand before the Salomon, and didn't like it, so stuck with Salomon this time. This boot compares very favorably to the Malamute, which was an amazing boot. Both boots are very comfortable, and have a great lacing system.

On sizing: The Malamute feels like it's sized a bit bigger (I think I have the 27, which is sized 9 US), while the F24 I also own is smaller (27, sized 9, but feels like 8.5). So this time, I bought a 9.5 US sized, and it fits almost perfectly. A bit thicker in the lining, and took one day on it so far, and the sizing have already improved.

Overall, this is a good boot, and I see they have improved the inner lace, which now have plastic hooks instead of the nylon loops that eventually wore out in my Malamute. The cable stays are also a welcome addition, keeping the boot lacing system more stable (this was also available on the F24 I own).

()

No comments: