Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just got back from Boston....

I hadn't spend some long-periods of time in Boston for a long time. While I went to MIT to give a talk in Janurary, it was snowing and beautiful, this time the weather was somewhat classic New England, some beautiful days that turned into rain and wind in short amounts of time.

I enjoyed some time walking around Boston Commons, Freedom Trail, and some time in Beacon Hill, Newberry St, and North End. Absolutely beautiful neighborhoods, and I could see how people would come to love living in Boston. Some places feel quite like visiting a European city, and other places are distinctly American. The food was good, and I think several Lobsters died because of my greed to incorporate them onto my plate.

My group, Augmented Social Cognition, ended up presenting 8 papers at CHI2009, the conference that brought me to Boston. The group ended up celebrating our accomplishments by some beers near the convention center. It's such a pleasure to work with a dedicated group of folks, though I'm consistently thinking about ways we can improve our research. For now, however, I feel like I need some breaks and vacation before I burn out.

No comments: